Real Forestry for Real Estate Classes:
Two 4 hour classes or one eight hour class for real estate professionals who sell rural land or Commissioners of the Revenue in Land Use counties. All classes have been approved for CE, appraiser, and COR continuing education credits. These classes will help familiarize sellers with their product (rural land). Upcoming classes will be listed on the Events Calendar. Click the course below for a detailed agenda.
- Real Forestry for Real Estate Part 1 (qualifies for 4 CE/Appraiser CE credits)
- Real Forestry for Real Estate Part 2 (qualifies for 4 CE/Appraiser CE credits)
- Real Forestry for Real Estate 8 hour program (qualifies for 8 CE/Appraiser CE credits)
Presentations will be given by forestry professionals from Extension, state agencies, and forest industry.
If you attended a class and would like to review the presentations/resources, click here: Real Forestry for Real Estate Resources.
Real Forestry for Real Estate Field Tours
Based on feedback from class participants, we are developing field tours which cover the basics of timber valuation. These tours will be offered in the summer of 2013. Details will be posted on the Events Calendar.
Welcome to the Woods! A Guide for New Woodland Owners
At the end of each Real Forestry for Real Estate program, participants will be given the option to take copies of the new Extension publication: Welcome to the Woods! A Guide for New Woodland Owners. This publication focuses on the top ten things new woodland owners should know, such as:
- How do Your Woods Work?
- Why did you Purchase the Property?
- Getting to Know Your Property
- What are the Challenges to Good Woodland Management?
- Safe Landowners
- Financial Considerations
- Woodland Certification
- Planning for the Future of Your Property
- Educational Opportunities
- Assistance for New Woodland Owners
We strongly encourage real estate professionals to distribute the New Landowner Packets to their rural land clients.