Beginning Woodland Owner Retreats:
- are hosted by the Virginia Department of Forestry and Virginia Cooperative Extension
- are geared towards landowners who are new to forest management
- provide information on both hardwood and pine forest management
- offer chances for interaction with natural resource professionals from various agencies in Virginia, as well as with other landowners
- provide information on estate planning, management planning and certification
- provide hands-on experience with tree identification, forestry equipment, and more...
Here's what 2019 participants said about the experience:
- "Fantastic program - great folks - relevant topics, well presented by knowledgeable and experienced people. If you can find an improvement, good luck."
- "The session was extremely valuable and enlightening. Changed my perspective on forestry management and pine planting."
- "It was great information. Excellent speakers and opportunity to learn more about managing forests and wildlife."