"This was an extremely well organized workshop; we were kept busy with meaningful lectures and activities from 8:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m. on Saturday and from 8 - 1:00 on Sunday. The topics were pertinent and the presenters outstanding. We are very glad we attended!" 2011 Retreat Participant.
The Annual Landowner Weekend Retreats:
- are hosted by the Virginia Department of Forestry and Virginia Cooperative Extension
- are geared towards landowners who are new to forest management
- provide information on both hardwood and pine forest management
- offer chances for interaction with natural resource professionals from various agencies in Virginia, as well as with other landowners
- provide information on estate planning, management planning and certification
- provide hands-on experience with tree identification, forestry equipment, and more...
Registration for the Southwest Virginia Retreat will open the first week of May.
See previous Retreat agendas:
Here's what past participants said about the experience:
"I think the program was excellent, and conducted in a professional and relaxed, enjoyable way. It was fun and very informative."
"Excellent program! Thoroughly enjoyed listening to all of the speakers and other participants' comments and questions. We learned a lot this weekend!"