The Annual Landowner Weekend Retreats:
- are hosted by the Virginia Department of Forestry and Virginia Cooperative Extension
- are geared towards landowners who are new to forest management
- provide information on both hardwood and pine forest management
- offer chances for interaction with natural resource professionals from various agencies in Virginia, as well as with other landowners
- provide information on estate planning, management planning and certification
- provide hands-on experience with tree identification, forestry equipment, and more...
- Central Virginia Retreat: March 18-20 at Bear Creek Lake State Park, Cumberland
- Southeast Virginia Retreat: August 26-28 at the Airfield Conference Center, Wakefield
- Southwest Virginia Retreat: Sept. 23-25 at the Southwest Virginia 4-H Educational Center, Abingdon
- Central Virginia Retreat March 17-19 at Holiday Lake 4-H Educational Center, Appomattox
Here's what past participants said about the experience:
- "I think the program was excellent, and conducted in a professional and relaxed, enjoyable way. It was fun and very informative."
- "Excellent program! Thoroughly enjoyed listening to all of the speakers and other participants' comments and questions. We learned a lot this weekend!"